TRITON-7 three-phase AC voltage and current supply unit is intended for a broad range of applications of testing and setting the measurement and control equipment at power and electronics industry facilities.
One can use TRITON-7.0 for:
- Functional test and adjustment of simple and complex power industry protection systems that are based on both electromechanical relays and microelectronic devices;
- Instrument inspection and calibration of dc/ac current measurement systems including three-phase (voltmeters, ammeters, phasemeters, frequency meters, power meters, electric counters and so on);
- Verification of electric motor and generator control and protection equipment operation algorithms;
- Power supply for low-power automation devices;
- Testing of indirect connection electric meters, signal and indication systems working with alternating current like blinkers and indicator lamps
Basic modes of TRITON-7.0 operation are described below:
- Manual operation modes:
- Generation of 15 to 75 Hz three-phase AC voltage and three-phase alternating current with preset phase angles. The unit can be operated in the balanced mode where the current and voltage values for all phases are equal and unbalanced mode where the current and voltage values are set individually for each channel.
- Generation of 15 to 75 Hz single-phase AC voltage and current with preset phase angles.
- Generation of single-phase and three-phase AC voltage and current in synchronism with the 220 V power supply network.
- Generation of DC voltage and current of a preset value.
- Semiautomatic modes:
- Testing of threshold values and actuation time of AC/DC relays including current, voltage, time-delay and coupling relays.
- Formation of generation mode sequences specified by the user. (For example, generation with smoothly varying amplitude or frequency).
- Automatic modes:
- Simulation of electric motor or generator operation for the purpose of testing the control and protection equipment in different modes.